Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bobbi Brown makeup manual review!


Hello world, no reviews the last month because I just got married! Now that things have settled down and I am moved into the apartment in Ca, I have time to to do whatever (at least until I start school next month). Recently I discovered a library that is located only two blocks away! Hello goldmine :3 I checked out a few books from there, and one of the books I picked up was the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual by none other than Bobbi Brown herself.

I've read all kinds of reviews about it good and bad, but I haven't gotten a chance to physically look at it because I've been over seas. So when I saw this book on the shelf I was ecstatic. It only took me a day to read it because I zipped right through it.
For a book that is suppose to addresses basic info about makeup I thought that this is an excellent book! I'm pretty into makeup and I know the basics pretty well I think. That is probably why I went through the book so fast. I can tell you right now though that if I had this book years ago because it would have saved me a lot of time!

BBMM has a lot of info about everything from skin type, foundation, to eyebrow structure. I won't say that I learned nothing from this book because that would certainly be a lie. I think everyone can take a little something away from this. The book is filled to the top with pictures and step by step info that is very easy to follow :3
The instructions include things from how to pick foundation to applying the popular smoky eye technique! After studying this book and practicing you'll be able to apply makeup fast and easy!
Hmm... What else is good about this book? Well there is a section in the book on pointers to becoming a makeup artist, and advice on working on your career in the makeup art world! I thought that the chapter was just peachy!

Overall I enjoyed this book a lot. It gave me a lot of cool advice and techniques on makeup application that I was giddy with the thought of trying everything I'd found. I guess I'll need to buy more to get some practice!! :3

No comments: