Monday, April 5, 2010

The Forest of Hands and Teeth Review :D


Now this is a book to get SUPER excited about. It's got adventure, mystery, and zombies!! :D

The book was a satisfying page turner of over 300 pages, and let me tell you, it was a great read. Author Carrie Ryan is an awesome writer that described everything just right to fill your head with her fictitious world. The book reminded me of the film The Village first, but I soon found out that it was pretty different, and pretty interesting.
The book revolved around a teenage girl named Mary, who lives in a secluded village in the woods. In her and her village's fenced in lives surrounded by the un-dead, there are secrets and twists to a forgotten path that the curious and robust Mary explores.
Although I really LOVED the book, I found myself wanting to know more about this world that Mary and her friends lived in. One clue I got about this book was that it was (perhaps) taking place in the future (she finds clues of society as it is now). Also the ending was a huge cliff hanger that made me question; "what happens now?" But it also led to endless possibilities, which a lot of authors seem to favor these days.
Overall, I loved this book. Even though I didn't think it was going to be as "scary" as The Devouring, I often found myself more "into" the book with my heart hammering away than the previous book I read. I think The Forest of Hands and Teeth is going to rank high on my list for a while (until I read some other great book, which I hope will be soon! :D)

No comments: